Fit Kind LLC is probably a very different personal training company than what you might expect. We don’t promote high performance or weight loss objectives – mostly, we’re here to help people learn what works for them, for fitness and for better physical/mental health. We work with your personality, your own unique way of thinking, your motivations, your dreams, and your goals. And we help you reach and learn and grow.
Fit Kind LLC practices fitness through kindness, and works with neuroscience-based principles of positive goal-setting and motivation. We don’t yell, punish, or make you do things – we help you figure out what YOU want to do, and help you get there. Along the way, you’ll probably learn more about your own body than you ever have before. You’ll learn how old injuries or chronic illness affect your body, and you’ll learn how to move past them. You’ll leave us fitter, stronger, happier, and way more in control of your own exercise interests, nutrition, and future.
Fit Kind LLC is my dream come true – I left a prosperous tech industry career to shift all my attention to helping individuals gain the body that they love, even if they never lose a pound. Especially for breast cancer clients, self-love forms one of the most important bridges for re-establishing healthy connections in ourselves.
I am a:
– Certified Personal Trainer/Corrective Exercise Specialist (credentials from the National Association for Sports Medicine, NASM)
– Certified Cancer Exercise Specialist (credentials from the Cancer Exercise Training Institute, CETI)
I live in the beautiful countryside of the NJ Skyland region (Hunterdon County) in the USA with my partner, Craig, and our cat, Crow. I am a fitness nerd, but also a vegetable garden nerd, a painting nerd, a freshwater fish-keeping nerd, and Dungeons & Dragons nerd, too. And I’m proud of all of it!
I am also a 2x cancer survivor (breast and thyroid), and have also grappled with some of the issues you might be experiencing yourself: neck & spine pain, shoulder issues, weight gain, plantar fasciitis, and other muscle imbalances. For me, that’s come from cancer surgeries, working a computer job for 12+ years, and also being an artist who loves to hunch over her work! Helping people stay connected to careers and hobbies they love by finding fun and interesting exercise activities for them is one of my favorite things – you don’t have to give things up because of pain! You just need to learn how to listen to your body.
OK, so you’re here because you want to know if I’m the right person to entrust with your fitness needs, and I’m here to say, “perhaps – it depends.” My focus is on corrective exercise, which means I help you restore function, strength, flexibility, and movement. I can work with your doctor’s guidelines & if you have a physical therapist, I can confer with them to get you the best overall outcome & satisfaction. As long as your doctor thinks exercise is something you’ll benefit from, I can help!
When to call me:
- Do you want someone who understands how hard it is to make changes that you can stick to?
- Do you want someone who understands how cancer treatment or chronic illness affects self-esteem, movement, energy, strength, and flexibility?
- Do you want someone who will study your needs carefully & find interesting and varied exercises to help you move better than you might have done for years?
- Do you desperately want someone who can help cut through all the noise and bad information online or in the news, and help you just know what you NEED to know to reach your fitness goals?
GREAT! I’m all about these things! Give me a call!
- Do you want a restrictive diet and/or someone to yell at you to make you change your habits?
I suggest you call a different trainer. That’s not my style. I don’t yell, I don’t do guilt trips or dole out exercise in bootcamp-level amounts.
- Do you want to lose weight, no matter how it’s done, quickly?
No. I am not a supporter of those types of programs. They don’t help you succeed in the long run, and the long run is what matters.
- Do you want to run a marathon/compete in a physique contest/become an elite athlete?
No, that’s not me. It’s very cool, I support those ideas, and there’s a lot of amazing people out there who can help you with that. I’m not one of them, and you will get the best bang for your buck with a sports performance or physique trainer. I’m rooting for you, though! If you want me to recommend someone who CAN, contact me anyway, and I’ll refer you to someone amazing.
So if you’ve read this far, take the next step. Get in touch: